Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What's For Dinner Wednesday?

Today is going to be a busy day for us so I'm going to throw something in the crock-pot before we go out for the day. I've found the crock-pot to be a great time and money saver. If I take just 5 minutes before running out on a busy day I come home to a cooked dinner. I know on a day like this the temptation will be to pick-up take out or run to the drive-through because I just won't want to cook tonight!

Baked Chicken and Potatoes

6 med or large potatoes washed and poked with a fork (use enough potatoes to cover the bottom of the crock pot)

Use your choice of: 1 whole chicken, several chicken legs & thighs or 1 or 2 whole split chicken breasts - bone in. (I usually use frozen and just put the pieces in still frozen)

Salt
Pepper
Garlic Salt
Paprika
Onion Powder

I put the potatoes on the bottom. Lay the chicken on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic salt, paprika, and onion powder - or whatever spices you like.

I cook on low for 6-8 hours. Time varies by crock pot and fresh chicken will take less time than frozen. If I only have around 4 hours (Sunday Mornings) I set it to high.

The chicken gets very tender and falls off the bone easily, so remove carefully from pot! I take the skin off before serving it.

This is one of our favorites!

No comments: