Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What's For Dinner Wednesday? Baked Fish.

Here is a super easy and good way to use that Tilapia Fish from Meijer! The croutons are so much better than bread crumbs - you'll never use them again!

Easy Breaded Fish

3/4 cup crushed croutons ( I put them through the food processor for a few seconds)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 egg
1 Tbs water
1 Tbs lemon juice (I've left this out when I don't have any and it's been fine)
1 lb fresh or frozen fish fillets - thawed, (pat dry with a paper towel.)

Preheat oven 350 degrees
Cover cookie sheet with foil - that non-stick foil works great. A stoneware sheet is fine too but might take a bit longer to cook.

In shallow dish, combine croutons, cheese and parsley flakes, blend well.

In another shallow dish combine egg, water and lemon juice, blend well.

Cut fish into 3 inch pieces ( I usually cut the fillets in half ) Try to make fish similar in size so they bake evenly.
Dip fish in egg mixture; coat with crouton mixture. Tuck thin ends of fish under to form pieces of uniform thickness.
Place on baking sheet. Bake in 350 over for 15 - 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily and is not slimy looking. (Time varies due to fish size and thickness so I check by cutting one of the fillets open with a fork, when it looks done.)
Note: I just crush a whole bag of croutons in my food processor at a time and store what I don't use in a sealed container. It makes it easier and less work to make the fish the next time!
Let me know if you try this and how it comes out for you!

No comments: