Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fun Day

Okay, so yesterday I decided to just take off for the day. When Little Z woke up I told him this was Fun Day and we were going to have a good time. So, we hurried through our chores (making beds, emptying trash, breakfast clean-up etc) and headed out for the day.

We started out by heading to the $1.00 movie. If you haven't seen the free and $1.00 kids movies out this Summer read this. We saw the movie "Running Free". It was a wonderful family movie - I'll give you a review on it in a separate post. We actually got in free because another moviegoer had an extra punch card!

Next we headed over to the mall - I had a few things to pick up at Macy's! We also picked up our free Auntie Anne's Pretzel and I got a free Starbucks iced coffee! (With card from this weekend's paper)

Then after the mall we drove thru Chick-fil-a (our favorite!) I had a coupon for nuggets (from calendar) and Little Z got a kiddie meal.

We spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool and came home for dinner (leftovers! yea - no cooking!) And then off to church.

It was a great day and now today I have to make up for it by doing laundry all day!!! Oh well, It was worth it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

double the fun when you add in free stuff!

Jennifer said...

That sounds like so much fun! I will have to do that with my kids one of these days.

Candace said...

It was fun! I've been trying to have some fun this summer. I've been shopping (and blogging) less and trying to do more fun things with the kids.